- Category: Latest News
- Created on Thursday, 01 October 2015 18:31
Click image to download
Nuts & Bolts
Tudor United SportsCar Championship (P, PC, GTD & GTLM) – October 3, 2015
Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge – October 2, 2015
Road Atlanta – 2.54-mile, 12-turn road course
Tudor Championship – 10 hour race
Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge Series – 2:30 hour time limit
Tudor Championship -P teams will be allowed 23 sets of tires for the race (including dry and wet tires); PC teams 16 sets; and GTD teams will receive 19 sets.
There is no set limit for the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge.
WHICH TIRE ARE THEY USING:
**Continental Tire has designated, Golds, as the dry tire to be raced at Road Atlanta for Prototypes and Blacks for PC and GTD teams. If teams move to wet tires, the P and PC classes will move to, Blacks, while the GTD class will stay on, Golds.
P Golds – the same tire compound used at Daytona, Watkins Glen and Road America.
Delta Wing Blacks – because it’s the only car on this configuration, it will race on, Blacks, year round.
PC Blacks – the same tire compound used at Sebring, Laguna Seca, Detroit, Mosport, Lime Rock, VIR, COTA, and Road Atlanta
GTD Blacks – the same tire compound used at Sebring, Laguna Seca, Detroit, Watkins Glen, Lime Rock, VIR, COTA, and Road Atlanta
CTSCC This tire compound will be used at all other tracks this year.
The estimated pit window for this race is 35-40 laps for all classes. These are just approximations and does not account for fuel mileage, weather or caution flag laps.
Considered a road course in the classic sense, Road Atlanta is full of places to pass, elevation changes, and high speed corners. The 12-turn natural road course is an excellent track for spectators, especially through the esses where there’s sure to be plenty of door-to-door action and driver frustration. Overall, Road Atlanta is not typically hard on tires so expect a good, close race.
- How many? – Continental Tire will bring roughly 4,500 tires to Road Atlanta. This includes rain and slick tires.
- Driving Confidence Award – Continental will once again present the “Driving Confidence” Award to the GS and ST team’s that have completed the most miles on Continental tires during the 2015 season at the year-end banquet. Both the GS and ST races are close, take a look at miles completed through COTA:
In the event of a tie, teams are ranked accordingly:
1) # of 1st Place Finishes
2) # of 2nd Place Finishes
3) # of 3rd Place Finishes
4) # of 4th Place Finishes
5) Order of Championship Finish
- Continental Sponsors “Dinner With Racers” – Racing is full of unique and interesting people and these racers have stories for days. Stories that will shock you, make you cry and make you laugh out loud. Stories that fans want to hear but rarely get the chance to. So, Continental Tire has partnered with the Media Barons and hosts, Ryan Eversley and Sean Heckman, for a new podcast series titled, “Dinner With Racers”. And it’s just that. Dinner with racers. Sit in as Ryan and Sean visit with some of the most interesting personalities across the racing spectrum. The duo will hit the road in October for a month-long road trip, travelling the country to the homes and favorite eateries of racing's most dynamic personalities. Follow their progress on Twitter @continentaltire using #RacerDinner and #1118. Coming in November of 2015.
- Continental + Eversley = SEMA - The Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show begins Tuesday, November 3, and Continental Tire is bringing the show right to your mobile device. Continental will provide live content via Twitter (@continentaltire), Instagram (@continental_tire), and Facebook (facebook.com/continentaltire) taking you up and down the miles of displays. And back by popular demand, Continental Tire’s special correspondent, and driver of the No. 93 HART Honda of America Mfg/Honda HPD Honda Civic Si, Ryan Eversley. Over the course of the four-day show, Eversley will provide insight, photos and candor via social media and new this year, he will be taking over on Periscope as well. Look for Eversley’s posts beginning with “RE”.
About Continental Tire the Americas
Based in Fort Mill, S.C., Continental Tire the Americas, LLC manufactures and distributes a complete premium line of passenger, light truck and commercial tires for original equipment and replacement markets. Our ultra-high, performance tires include award-winning technologies that focus on safety, help save money, and reduce CO2 emissions. Continental’s premium products are available at leading independent tire dealers, car dealers, and mass retail companies across North America. Continental Tire is a proud supporter of IMSA, Major League Soccer (MLS), College Basketball, Team är-kªn', West Coast Customs, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, and Petty’s Garage.
About Continental AG
Continental develops intelligent technologies for transporting people and their goods. As a reliable partner, the international automotive supplier, tire manufacturer, and industrial partner provides sustainable, safe, comfortable, individual, and affordable solutions. In 2014, the corporation generated sales of €34.5 billion with its five divisions, Chassis & Safety, Interior, Powertrain, Tire, and ContiTech. Continental currently employs more than 208,000 people in 55 countries.
PLT Communications Coordinator
Continental Tire The Americas
1830 MacMillan Park Drive
Fort Mill, SC 29707